What else can I say except my friends and family LOVE this recipe.
It’s ridiculously simple and easy to make in very little time. I whip up a bowl of Dietitian Cereal when I need a quick meal, don’t know what else to eat, or am too tired to cook.
This recipe is awesome because it takes something that many of us know and love from our childhood, like cereal, but takes it next level to have way more fiber, anti-inflammatory omega 3s, antioxidants, oh yeah and DELICIOUS FLAVOR!
This recipe is designed so you can measure out the ingredients exactly for maximum flavor setting, or you can eyeball it for maximum chill setting.
- ½ cup of cornflakes (recommend organic, with little added sugar/sweetener, no preservatives like BHT)
- Coconut & nuts mixture:
- ½ cup of paleo granola (found in most grocery store bulk sections)
- ¼ cup (or a heavy coating) of shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons (or a light coating) of pecans, broken into pieces
- 2 teaspoons (or a heavy coating) of hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon (or a light coating) of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon (or a light coating) of psyllium husk powder
- Cinnamon to taste, powdered
- Milk to taste, whichever dairy or non-dairy you enjoy!
- Optional: 1-2 teaspoons of maple syrup, if more sweetness is desired
- Place all ingredients into a bowl. Let it sit for a few minutes so the cereal can soften and the chia seeds can swell in the milk.